Saturday, May 30, 2009

friday stash, saturday quilt.



yesterday i went to spool and treated myself to some new fabrics. surprisingly, the stack of fabrics i bought all went together perfectly and i quickly decided that i was going to make a full bed quilt for myself with my little selection. i threw them in the wash, ironed them up and cut all of the 1/2 yard pieces into 6"x6" squares! what a feat! i also cut a gazillion 6"x6" solid muslin squares. i am going to be making a checkerboard pattern alternating the prints with he solid muslin. here is my inspiration. <3

hopefully i will not get stuck on this project halfway through. i really want to get her done before i move in august! this quilt will look perfect in my bedroom at home.

i completed and sent out my "mini quilt in a bag swap" quilt to sarah (byneedleandthread) over a week ago and will be posting pictures as soon as she receives the quilt! i am very excited to see what she came up with for me as well!

i had fun with that swap but i have to say that it wasn't nearly as exciting as the "doll quilt swap". seeing everyone's work in dqs as the swap went along was probably the most exciting part for me and kept me energized with my own quilt. i am looking forward to the next dqs and i am also doing another fat quarter swap in june.

omg it's june. what?

No comments: